Friday, August 10, 2012

Melissa

This trip has been such an amazing experience, we can now finally say WE DID IT. The Mark Twain Ringers went to London and rang their hearts out. I am so proud of the whole choir, and am so thankful for all the help we received from the community, the school, Mr. Thiele, Dr. Patton, and everyone else who helped our dream come true. Everyone's handwork paid off.
I remember all the performances we went to, in order to raise the money we needed and all the hours of practice we had to do; it was all very hard. Having more than two performances every week during winter, going home late from performances, having to carry all of our equipment everywhere. At the time it would stress us all out, but once we were all set up to perform it was all alright, because the beautiful music we created with our bells calmed us down; every practice and performance was always so much fun!
Now that we are here we are having such an amazing time, our performances here have been very good, people see us walking with our equipment from our bus and they all stop and stare, and ask "who are they?".They get so impressed with us because we are so unique, no other handbell choir plays Adele, Taylor Swift, or Kate Perry like we do. It feels good to be recognized by all these people in London, and seeing ourselves on TV and on newspaper back home makes us feel famous.
These past nine days have been like a dream come true. I've always wanted to go to London and Paris and I'm sure everyone else does too, and now I can say "I've been thre, I saw that, and I rang there". I still can't believe I'm here. I think the best part of the trip was being able to be with the people I love, the Mark Twain Ringers, my second family.

Melissa.


1 comment: